Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mountain Moved!!

Thanks for praying! I went to the dentist (I actually hadn't been to one in 8 years- not good I know). They did x-rays and the dentist looked at my teeth after I explained my health history and current concerns- it always takes a while! And the he said that I have no cavities and there are no problems at all & my teeth, gums, etc. look quite good- especially after having been MIA from the dental world for so long! I asked "are you sure?" He said yep. I definitely know God's been at work there! The pain in my jaw and numbness in my ear and surrounding area was from my TMJ problems (jaw joint craziness) (that was one of my guesses, but my imagination went in other directions too). I've worn a mouth guard at night since college to help stabilize my jaw and since going to the chiropractor here, he said to try not wearing it, apparently I really need to! I kept thinking of Tori and Michelle though cause I would always ask them "have you ever had it when......(some sort of crazy health thing happening to me)" and they would always look at me crazy and say 'no'!!! I'm sure this would be another one. Please keep praying for me though cause my head & neck still hurts all the time among other things and it's been really frustrating, especially when there is no real reason medically. Back in High School God cured me from Pancreatitus after a year in and out of the hospital when no one could explain it. So, I know He can do it again, I'm ready!!! 

A couple weeks ago I went in to a small christian bookstore that recently opened a few blocks from the church to look for a book. It's owned by a mother and daughter and I got to talking with Blanca (the mom) and she was saying how busy she was trying to do everything and they just started so they didn't have extra money to hire people, so I've started going in one day a week to help out how ever I can. I've really enjoyed getting to know her and being an encouragement to her. Pray for them and the store that it would continue to grow and be a blessing to the community!!! I've been praying that God would show me different ways to bless others and when something just jumps out at you- it's neat!

1 comment:

abandonedsite said...

well, I'm glad to hear that you've found the reason behind the pain. And I pray it will soon ease up.

How cool about the book shop! Get some good training, maybe some day you can come here and help with our library. :)