Sunday, June 15, 2008

Richmond & the Roy's










I've been in Richmond, CA now for over a month. Its gone fast!! I've enjoyed being a part of the Roy family and getting to know the church and community. Its a great city with a lot of diversity in its people and landscape. Its right near Oakland and San Francisco. Its surrounded by hills/ mountains and right along the bay. The church is a restart that Aaron is the pastor of. There are a lot of ministry opportunities and a lot on the horizon for the church. I've spent a lot of time with Sugar and the kids...always entertaining! Aaron- 4, Isaiah-3 & Eden turns 1 next week. It looks like I'll be here until the end of the month and then Sara will come get me and head back to LA for a couple weeks. Then back to the midwest to visit family and Chicago! My headaches have actually been a bit better lately, even without the chiropractor!!! Pray for wisdom as I decide about where God wants me!!! I can't believe in a couple months it will be a year since I left Chicago...crazy!

This is a picture of the church from their front yard. Its only a block away.

3 comments:

abandonedsite said...

Yay! So good to hear an update. Have you seen some cool sights and toured San Fran? Did you ride a cable car yet???? What about Lombard Street? :)

abandonedsite said...

so.....hey...where are you NOW???

Jaimee said...

I got your newsletter in the mail yesterday, and was surprised to see 'The Fate of Africa' on your reading list. I'm actually over half way through that book right now - what a coincidence! And what a fascinating look at the evolution of a continent.

AND I can't believe that you're moving to Richmond to work! That's about half an hour where we used to live (in San Jose) before moving to Phoenix in March. Bummer! We just barely missed each other. Well, one of these days we'll touch base and catch back up!

Take care, and keep us updated!