Friday, March 14, 2008

Stow-aways & Flammin Hots

Well, I've been getting back into life here in LA and got back to the chiropractor today!! A couple days after I got back I was unpacking and had left a couple piles of stuff on the floor of my room and as I got to the bottom of them....I saw something move.....it was a rather large cockroach....the likes of which I saw at the airport in Nairobi! I attempted to corner it and smash it....but it got a way and I had to move the dresser quickly so it wouldn't disappear completely. Thankfully I was able to kill it and am praying that he didn't bring friends! Another eventful day was being able to go as a chaperone with sixty third graders from a school in Compton to the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana. A friend is a teacher there and needed a last minute volunteer. It was a lot of fun and the kids even shared their flammin hots with me at lunch! I missed them- no flammin hots in Africa! I'm excited to eat Mexican food again too! Didn't find much in Africa. And for some reason the other night I was driving to the grocery store and when I turned in there was no one in the other lane and I completely blanked on which side of the road I was supposed to be on!!!! Not good. In Uganda they drive on the opposite side. I didn't even drive there, but I guess I road enough to get confused. Hopefully that won't happen again! :) Also the neighbor kids are back and we've been having some homework sessions on the picnic table. I've been hearing how cold and snowy its been back home and am thankful to be back in 70's and sunny every day!!! Sorry to all of you in the cold. Later...Ann

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

It's so funny that you mention the Flamin' Hots! That's one of the things I always think about when I remember my days at Inner City Impact. The kids LOVED those things! Ah, good times...!